Friday, December 17, 2004

A use for blogs

Since I graduated from college, I've had no one to read the poetry I've written; no one to look upon it with new eyes and challenge my use of language. While I write primarily for the process, there is something very compelling about the poem itself. I find it to be a very fulfilling challenge to create a well-organized, accurately descriptive, accessible pile of words. And it is not only me that struggles towards (never realizable) perfection, as the poem takes on a life of its own, it, too, seeks to express itself to its fullest.

I think distance is important to this process, and while time can grant me some distance, it's not the same as someone else's eyes and experiences.

So, if any reader is so inclined, I'd love criticism. Any posted poems are new, raw and need help.